Friday, June 22, 2012

Alright, so its been a while since I updated, so here we go...

Since my last update, I have cleaned up the wiring, installed the horns and the lowering springs from V-Performance.  I also painted the valve cover fan and fan pulley.  I decided to repaint the air cleaner cover, and add a couple clear coats, I am going to pull the heater, strip it again and repaint.  I clear coated all the other parts and now, seeing that they are all nice and shiney, I want to refinish it as well.

Here are a couple of shots of the headlight relays installed.  I have loomed them up and straightened everything up since then.  I also got the reverse relay installed in the trunk, along with the final rear battery wiring.  I am going to take pictures of all that and a few other things for an update coming soon.



A couple of shots of the painting process, a couple coats of high heat primer, enamel and clear coat.  In a ouple weeks I will have finished the engine paint, and I will throw up some shots of it all together.  A note about clear coating...keep your coats very thin, or else they look milk coated like the oil filler cap.  It was later stripped back down and painted silver to match the valve cover.




finally got the V-Performance lowering springs put in, front and back.  I haven't noticed much of a drop in ride height.  But they need to be driven and settle in a bit before the full drop will be visible.  I also painted all the front suspension with some high heat paint to clean it all up.  While there is little diffierence in the area of the wheel well, it seems that the entire car looks lower to the ground. 



Here is a shot of the horns.  Got them from a friend who worked for the manufacturer.  They were on my wagon, but I thought the sedan would do them more justice.  They are 118 db euro horns.


No comments:

Post a Comment