Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day #1 of Wiring....

I was looking for a good place to mount the fuse panel, and I was failing.  Then I thought, since I am moving the battery to the trunk of the car, I can mount it to the inside of the battery box.  I drilled the holes, kind of, ha ha.  Due to the odd angle of the drill and the inability of the bit to start a hole, two of them were off and had to be re- drilled.  No worries, some rtv will fix it haha.  I will get a better picture of the engine side once it dries.


Here is what the mounting looks like from the inside of the car, I am planning to build panels to hide it all when I start to refurbish the interior.  The fuse block fit nicely on the inside of the battery box.  And the panel doesn't need to be grounded, so I am thinking that it can be mounted to any location on the firewall without regard to where a ground wire would have to be run or mounted.



Part of the engine section of the wiring.  This is minus the full engine section and lighting.


Started separating the sections and getting a rough routing of the wiring.



I figured it would be easier to tie the new wiring to the old and pull it through the roof.  Here it is ready to go.


The tail section, including a reverse light wire that I had to supply.  I did this before deciding to loom the section, so, I started over and used loom.  It was pretty simple.


Check back soon to see the next day of wiring.

Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment