Friday, May 4, 2012

Here's an update, I have only had a couple hours over the last few days to do any work on the 122, but I have gotten a couple of things finished!!

First off, I finally dipped, cleaned and re-built the carb.  With new gaskets and a cleaned up manifold, I figured I would go ahead and put it all back together.  I was pleased with my first ever carb re-build.  The true judge will be when it is back in the car and functions, ha ha.  I also finally got to fit the painted air cleaner cover!





I also finally got to put the heater back together.  All new gaskets, thanks to the folks at Swedish Treasures (www.swedishtreasures.com).  By the way, those folks had a ridiculously fast ship time, I received them 4 days after ordering.  Everything went back together pretty easily.  I threw a little RTV between the two halves of the box, due to a slight uneven fit (I corrected the fit as much as possible beforehand).  As soon as I can afford the updated 12V blower, It will be compete!!








I am hoping to start the re-wire next week.  I am going to post quite a few detailed pics on that one.  Please don't expect to see it completed too quickly. 

Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment