Monday, March 26, 2012

I started to strip the engine bay to get ready to repaint it, fix some rust, pull the motor and start the re-wire.  It went pretty well, until I got to the heater haha.  Those things are really in there, especially if our little brown friend rust invites himself to the party. 

I got the carb and the intake off easily, yet I have been working on getting the exhaust manifold out for a long time.  Everything else came out without a fight. 

Here are a few shots of whats been happening...

Gutted, with the radiator still intact.


 I was quite surprised to see that this seems to be the only rust that will have to be cut out and the panel rebuilt!!

 Now, to start cleaning the parts up.  I plan to paint certain parts to accent the engine color, the body of the carb, air cleaner cover and fan will be painted orange to match.  The valve cover will be painted orange (a stencil of the logo from the steering wheel added) then shot with silver to leave the logo in orange to show through.  The heater, steering box and the timing cover will be painted silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment