Monday, March 26, 2012

Unpainting (?) the engine bay.  I started by knocking off some of the rust scale with a wire brush, which did a great job on the thick stuff.  I brought out my friend's soda blaster and began to take off the paint.  All I can tell you about the soda blaster I used was that it convinced me to invest in a sand blaster, ha ha.  The tip of the pickup tube in the blaster got clogged about every two minutes.  To unclog the tip, the whole unit must be disassembled.  So, as you can see from the pictures, I didn't get as far as I would have liked to.




So, soda blasting makes a bit of a mess...


Here is the amount of good metal that I uncovered in about an hour and a half of blasting, unclogging and repeating.


Happy to see that there is good metal around the rust hole, however, its bothersome that the hole/holes go down into the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment